Saturday 15 April 2017

Salted Caramel Easter Nests

If you're anything like me, the phrase 'salted caramel' will instantaneously make you salivate.

So I had an idea to shake up the old classic cornflake nest and make these for Easter... My 3 year old helped me so these are great to make with kids!

Although, I tried to melt down Cadbury's caramel bars the first time I tried this, apparently they don't melt easily, who knew?!? (I'm guessing its because the sugar has a much higher melting point than the chocolate)




You will need: (Makes 12)

200g of pretzel sticks
250g plain chocolate
100g caramel chocolate bars (although I think caramel or fudge bits would work perfectly)
150g mini eggs

100g white chocolate (optional)

  • Break up your chocolate into a bowl. Cut the caramel bar (I used Cadburys Caramel for mine) into small pieces
  • Create a bain marie with a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, melt your chocolate.
  • Once the chocolate has melted, stir in your caramel pieces.
  • Break up your pretzel sticks and stir through the chocolate until melted.
  • Spoon the chocolate and pretzel mix onto greaseproof paper, making nest shapes as you go.(You could also put them into cupcake cases)
  • Place mini eggs on top of the nests whilst chocolate is still wet.
  • I chose to drizzle white chocolate and sprinkles over mine to make them a bit more decorative, however, this is completely up to you as they look good without too!
  • Leave them to set, then enjoy!






Please be kind, this was the first time I've ever shared a recipe, as easy as it is!


Hope you enjoy, and let me know how you get on,

Thanks for stopping by,

Charlotte
x





1 comment:

  1. Nice post. It is really interesting. Thanks for sharing the post!
    Create your own website with Web Development Services

    ReplyDelete